The beginning of Lent for most has started. I haven't ever observed Lent, but there's no time like the present. I grew up in a small town Christian community in Alberta, but my immediate family never went to church, nor were we practicing Christians; although we lived well and had other influences like my dear grandparents - both of whom were very seriously committed and strong traditional Lutherans. My best friend across the alley from me came from a strong Christian family and I was always surrounded by other good Christian kids in my school. We also started each class with The Lord's Prayer, whereas now you'd never see that in our politically correct world. As the years went on, my dad became a born-again Christian and my sister Kristin has found God in her life. Today I continue to meet people of Christian faith, lately through my my dearest friend Tracy. Over the years I've always searched for ways to cope through trying times by turning to God and practicing my faith by trust, prayer and/or reading daily devotional. Thanks to Tracy I can read a Devotional book she bought for me this past Christmas....What a wonderful positive influence she's always been in my life! Yesterday she blogged about Lent and the traditions she follows (http://spaces.msn.com/tracysgroovystudio/)
She's decided to give up fast food, whereas I've decided I will give up caffeine and also add something good for the next 40 days. I'm keeping a daily journal about the work God is doing in my life. I think this is not only a good idea ONLY until Easter, but to also recognize it in our daily lives in order to keep our faith strong and positive. I guess you can say it's another way to count our blessings. I had a journal once, specifically made for counting blessings. Each page had a day of the year with a list for 5 blessings to jot down. I will try and pick one up at Chapters tomorrow.
Which brings me to what a wonderful day today is. Thanks to my husband who bought me a 90 minute massage for my birthday, I got to be in total bliss today! It empowered me to live in the moment and relax - even driving home, I was so amazed at how it inspired me to change my attitude in life. (I can take this as my journal entry for today as God working in my life.) It's also inspired me to take action to eat healthier and exercise, something that's been on my mind these days anyway. Body, mind and spirit. I've also gone off of my anxiety medication, as I'd like to be drug free and handle things naturally. We'll see how this works, as it can still be touch and go hormonally.
Thank God for my family and another day.
Love Heidi

3 comments:
~♥♥~ Hello Heidi ~♥♥~
Happy Birthday To You!! Sounds as though the massage was a very nice treat for you...
I too recently stopped taking an anxiety medication, but for the past 3 days now I have had this aweful headache that I just can't seem to knock out.....LOL
I am sure it is from the stopping of the medications without the doctor's say ... But I decided it was time to go it alone so to speak.
I am so happy that you have someone like Tracy to help encourage & inspire you in your walk with the Lord. Having such a friend as her is truly a gift straight from God to you. Your journaling sounds like such a wonderful gift that one day your daughter will have the Joy of reading. I know that out of everything I could leave behind for my daughter's, my most prized possession's are my Bible full of markings and writtings and my journals I have kept since I became a christain. What a treasured Gift you will be creating for Samantha inside your journals detailing your journey and walk with Christ. I pray you have such a wonderful journey and self discovery within your journaling.
Well I just wanted to stop over and say Hello to you,I hope you have a wonderful evening.
Happy Birthday Heidi
~♥♥~ Many Hugs To You ~♥♥~
~♥♥~ Lisa ~♥♥~
Lisa, thank you for your comment! We have yet another thing in common with our medication. I've had an anxiety disorder since before I was married and I've been on and off meds since then. I found it managed the anxiety well just before I got pregnant so I was off of it for a year. Then when Sam was born I had to go back on it. Now I feel ok these days and want to do the same as you - go at it alone. My doctor didn't think it was a good idea yet but is ok with it and will continue to monitor me. My head feels a bit dizzy coming off of it but I've been careful about the weaning process.
Anyhow thank you for the birthday wishes! I've been journaling since a very young age and I'v saved all of them in a keepsake box. I'm looking forward to adding to it with my Lent journal, something Sam will enjoy later on reading. I really want her to have a good spiritual influence in her life too.
Thank you for dropping by! I'll be by your Space soon, I hope you and your family are well. Take care!
Heidi
Lisa, thank you for your comment! We have yet another thing in common I see. I've had an anxiety disorder since before I was married and I've been on and off meds since then. I found it managed the anxiety well just before I got pregnant so I was off of it for a year. Then when Sam was born I had to go back on it. Now I feel ok these days and want to do the same as you - go at it alone. My doctor didn't think it was a good idea yet but is ok with it and will continue to monitor me. My head feels a bit dizzy coming off of it but I've been careful about the weaning process.
Anyhow thank you for the birthday wishes! I've been journaling since a very young age and I'v saved all of them in a keepsake box. I'm looking forward to adding to it with my Lent journal, something Sam will enjoy later on reading. I really want her to have a good spiritual influence in her life too.
Thank you for dropping by! I'll be by your Space soon, I hope you and your family are well. Take care!
Heidi
Post a Comment