Sunday, March 05, 2006

Baby Proofing = Redecorating

Since forever, one of my favorite past times is decorating my home. I'm constantly 'reinventing' a room in hopes to match it with something I've seen in a magazine or the Home and Garden channel. When it comes to baby proofing, I've been having a lot of fun with it. We've had to put our glass coffee and end tables away and replace it with my most favorite idea for a kid-friendly and modern piece - a faux leather upholstered ottoman. Go to Walmart PEOPLE!!! They have two different kinds...and I'm picking up the other kind with storage...perfect for her toys! The experts say everyone needs ONE black piece for their livingroom. I couldn't resist buying more black when I saw a room display at Loblaws. I ended up buying a shelf tower and matching end table. This has really completed the look to my room. With every purchase I'm inspired to add something else. Now I'm looking for the perfect picture for the wall. Right now splashes of teal are really the look - I absolutely LOVE it!! I'm looking for a picture of a turquoise seascape and a few teal accents for my shelf. Pier 1 is the place for these finds. One of my best friends Laura has told me about www.art.com . Check it out, it's the coolest site with many options to complete your picture! Thanks 'Mystic', you always know how to help me out!

No comments: