Monday, March 06, 2006

...and the Oscar goes to....

Reese Witherspoon, for Walk The Line, won the Oscar for Best Actress! WOO HOO!!!

Other than that, we were quite disappointed with Oscar night. I've only seen Brokeback Mountain so I didn't have anything to compare it to....but with all the ratings and raves it got, I'm surprised Heath Ledger didn't walk away with the Oscar for Best Actor. His performance was phenomenal! Instead it was given to Philip Seymour Hoffman, for Capote. Crash also won Best Picture which I was also shocked about, as I figured it would be Brokeback Mountain. SO how am I supposed to say that when I haven't seen these other films?? Of course I will have watch them to see if they deserved these awards. Anyway, congratulations Tracy beating my votes on our Oscar Ballots, with 11 points!! I cower to the corner with a measly little 6 - oh well that's what you get for watching only one film in the year. I was lucky to have got away from home to see it with Laura....we both LOVED it!!! Now I must see Reese's winning performance!!

No comments: