Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Pat's and other Jazz...

Happy St. Paddy's Day! Ihad to say that before I update you on things. I've never been big on this day, it's just been another day really...dress in green or if you don't you get pinched...or whatever. The day really wasn't ever important. Then I moved out here....9 years ago and couldn't believe how freaked out people were about this day! Everywhere! On the news, in the paper, on the internet, everwhere you go people are dressed up in accessories or drinking green beer and ads are placed at the road side to join them for a big party on the 17th....I never remembered anyone back home making such a huge deal of it. Is it just an eastern thing? or was it always going on but not quite so elaborate and I never really noticed? It's kind of a fun tradition though I guess, now that I've married into a very STRONG Irish family....I'm 'forced' to celebrate - lol with a glass of Guinness and some kind of Irish dish or whatever's on the menu, at least the family's together in lieu of the event.

So today I seem to be feeling better again....strange but I'm glad. For the past few days I've felt fluish, maybe it was the bug and it was a 24-48 hour thingy but whatever I'm still seeing the doctor today to get it all straightened out. I have to take care of what I think is a bit of an infection I have going on in my right breast - aka mastitis, a blocked milk duct which is very painful and could require antibiotics depending. BUT my OHIP has expired a month ago and of course this is what happens when one procrastinates so I have to drive all the way downtown and stand in line and all that jazz and be back in time for my appointment early this afternoon. I'm so glad Wayne's home now....he's only going to Toronto until Tuesday night and will be home for a week and a half after that. I'm quite relieved. I got that call back from the doctor on Wednesday and he said my symptoms weren't anything to do with the new meds I was on and even though I said I was finished with them, I decided later to continue with them. He knows what he's doing and so I'll keep on going. I think I've got all of this sorted out. Thanks much you guys for your comments it's so nice to have outter contact and great friends. Have a great weekend and will keep ya'll posted.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Heidi Heidi Heidi....

You know, I don't know anyone else named Heidi and everytime I type your name I picture a guy in lederhosen perched on a mountain top calling for throat losanges. REEECOLAAAA...

LOL

Anyhoo, glad you're feeling better today. St Paddy's day used to be big around here when I was in the military. We would hit the bar at 10am, yes as soon as it opened, and drink green beer until we forgot who we were. Ah...the good 'ole days.

Now? I barely drink at all.

Have a great day and a great weekend! Take care...

Anonymous said...

Dan - I'll BET the military was a wild experience! The good 'ole days for sure...man do I ever have those. Now I'll have to agree that I'm just not into the drinking thing. But I'll bet I can learn to yodle .... or take up something different like that if I have to live up to my name .. lol you're too funny!!

Trace - aka Mother Hen, or who would I ever have one as if I didn't have you? LOL You're the best, I'm so blessed to have a friend who loves me so much.