Thursday, May 25, 2006

Baby Signing Progress

Tonight while I ran Sam's bath, Sam reached in and grabbed her toy fish and made fish lips at it! I've been working on this one for a long time as well. I was so excited I praised her hugging and kissing and she started signing for 'book' again, opening her hands as if she's recalling a list of signs she's learned. I called Wayne upstairs to show him - we're so proud of her! It's so cute...I'll have to see if I can snap a photo of it. Wayne said we'll teach her 'bed' next - puting your hand against your face and tilting your head.

3 comments:

tara said...

i know you guys are so proud!! once she starts signing, they will keep coming more and more! don't forget to write them down! greyson's latest words are water, bath, more, and please. once he started talking, signing slowed down a little bit. -tara

Anonymous said...

I heard of signing when I was pregnant and thought, "oh my gosh, what next.." thinking it was kind of silly...but as they say, 'don't knock it until you try it'. It's a whole new world!
Kendra - start now, it's so exciting. I wish I had started Sam sooner.
Tara - I didn't think of writing them down; thanks! I'll have to mark it in her journal!

tara said...

nope not silly at all, infact quite the opposite. we started with greyson right away because i read that it forces them to use an area of the brain that they wouldn't begin using for several months to come (when they are old enough to talk). so basically using more of their brain sooner, is the clear benefit, i think! :)
-tara