Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Animal Farm

Today I decided last minute to take Sam down the road to a little petting farm out in the country. I didn't bring my camera this time and I wish I had. She LOVED the sheep and ducks and chicks, as she's familiar with them in her books and Baby Einstein videos. The rooster - not so much. When she stood against the coop, the big guy let out a loud screeching COCK-A-DOODLE-DOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! She jumped right out of her skin and WAILED! Poor thing, I walked her to the ducks for distraction but the big bad rooster screamed again and that was it, we had to leave the barn. She was fine after that. She got to see more animals, including a beautiful clydesdale. I can't wait to go again when Wayne's home and we can take the train around the farm!

2 comments:

tara said...

hey heidi! wow -that sounds like a super cool little farm for the kids!! i've never heard of one with that many animals, except in the summer at the local fairs.
so, i'm guessing sam doesn't want to be a rooster for halloween this year? :)
-tara

Beth said...

Sounds like a lot of fun...besides when she got scared. Luke would probably love to see all the animals too!!!