Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sam's First Cold

Sorry for no updates for the past week. Sam and I have been quite sick with colds and now Wayne got it two days ago. He's finally home this week which is nice. His cousin Steve came to visit today and is staying until Friday. The pull-out sofa is in Sam's room so we had to move her crib into our room to let Steve sleep in hers. Other than us being sick, there really isn't any news to give until we're back to our normal activities. We went to playgroup for the first time in a long time last week. It was nice to see Sam play with her friends again. It's amazing how quickly these babies grow up. It seems like yesterday they were all blobs on the floor and now they're all over the place and standing and touching eachother's face, pulling hair, being curious about everything. Sam's first birthday is coming up on the 15th. We bought her a Gymnastics Play Tunnel and I cannot wait to watch her have fun with it. She's not walking yet but hopefully soon. She's more eager to crawl and play with whatever's on the floor or chase the cat around or even better, play with the cat's toys instead of her own. Max doesn't mind her throwing or waving his mice in the air - he likes his new playmate. "Finally" he says, "someone pays attention to me!" Her night waking is still going on but these past couple of days haven't been that bad. Guess her little body needs it. I know I do! It's hard to be up at the crack of dawn and chase her around when my body's got flu aches and I'm dying to go back to bed. Like my Aunt told me.... "didn't you know you're not allowed to be sick when you're a mom?!" I can't wait until I can hug my mom again. ....lol

No comments: