Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Birthday and Valentine Baby

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I have been so busy these past few days I haven't been able to blog and there's so much! Tonight Wayne and I took Sam for our traditional Valentine's Day dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Poor Max the cat had to spend the day at the vet clinic for sedation, bloodwork and xrays. He's been sick on and off and losing weight since December. We'll see what the results bring tomorrow. Until then Max is sleeping the drugs off in his cage.


Sunday we had Sam's first birthday party, even though it's tomorrow. We had the family over and Auntie Tracy, with a Tinkerbell theme and princess cake. Of course Sam had the first piece and she mushed it up in her hands, not knowing what do do with it. About 5 - 10 minutes later she finally started tasting it. Her face looked so unsure as she'd look around at everyone's reaction.....eight of us staring back at her, cheering her on. She got a beautiful summer dress with matching hat and cute little princess and frog doll from Aunt Tracy, a talking Fisher Price piggy bank from Aunty Ilona et al, and money from gran for college. Mommy and daddy bought her a Little Golden Books collection - the ones I grew up with. It's all on video, we had a great time.

No comments: