Last night Wayne took me to Red Lobster for my birthday dinner. This has been a tradition for the past couple of years. This year, with Sam in the back, on our way to the restaurant we were rear ended by some 20-something guy.....Sam screamed her head off....I felt my neck and head numbing by the seconds and Wayne's back suddenly seized up. He still jumped out of the car to take Sam out. She stopped crying a little bit and I kept asking him if she was ok. Caught up in my emotions I jumped out and immediately yelled at the guy while Wayne tried to get me back in the car. I realized Sam was ok and I got back in. The people in front of us got out and called 911. The police, ambulance and fire trucks came.....assessed everything....we were ok, Sam ok, car no scratches and all is well after an hour later. The guy who hit us got a ticket and his front bumper smashed. Amazing we had nothing! So off we continue for the lobster feast. Wayne handed 3 cards to me in a certain order, one by one as I opened them. The first one from Sam with a picture of a large coupon drawn on the blank side of the card. It read something like "this coupon entitles you to a free ticket to the George Strait concert so you can be happy" . WOW!!!! OH MY!!! So a card handed to me from our cat Max....the same thing but read..."this coupon entitles you to a free ticket to the George Strait concert with a friend so you won't be alone." (wayne hates country music). EVEN MORE WOWWWWW!!!!!! THEN!!......A card from yours truly......the same hand drawn picture of a coupon which reads...."This coupon entitles you to a free ultimate massage to any package of your choice at The Spa. AM I SPOILED THIS YEAR OR WHAT!!! THen we came home to a cake and candles, he sang happy birthday and I blew out 10 candles (after making a wish of course) not missing one. He was glad I don't have any boyfriends....lol
So I got right on it this morning. Tickets were on sale at 10am. I bought them online and managed to get 2 floor tickets!! This is going to be so awesome.
So another fantastic ending to an amazing birthday. Thank you Mister for being you and also ...... TRACY - get your cowboy boots on my friend, we're going to George Strait! (You'll be very pregnant but I'm sure "Twig" will get her first taste of real music!)
Which is another thing to blog about....congratulations to Tracy and John on their upcoming arrival in September! You'll be amazing parents.....what a joy to come!!! And a playmate for Sam!
Love Heidi

No comments:
Post a Comment