Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Who are the People in Your Neighbourhood?

Yesterday was the first day it didn't rain all day since we moved in. Sunny but still a bit chilly, although I get cold easily even if it's warmer to others. Wayne and I dressed up Sam and took her outside where she could play ball with us. The kids on the block were out and Sammy gravitated to them with a big 'HI!' The kids ranged from 5 - 7 but still loved to play...they even asked us if "Samantha can play with us". Sam was in her GLORY! It wasn't long until our neighbour came out - in summer SHORTS! - and introduced himself. We talked up a storm while our kids played together. Sam splashed in puddles and even sat in them....man did she have a good bath when we came in. Her poor little hands and feet were little icicles! Our neighbour filled us in on who's who on the street. He even mentioned that the block likes to get together for 'Mardi Gras' in March, so we're invited if we'd like to get to know everyone. I'm feeling more and more at home everyday! LOL! Sounds like a great bunch of people. We're so blessed to have moved into such a great neighbourhood and our kids seem to get along well!

Sam's vocabulary is expanding day by day and she's learning on her own when and how to use her words. Yesterday she saw me eating chips while we were outside. She left her group of friends to come up and ask me for one. I wasn't expecting to hear it but she reached up saying "peeeze!" She's finally catching on and it seems she's surprising us almost everyday lately! She saw a duck on TV and said out loud "DUCK". Now she says bye bye very clearly...."buh-byyye" emphasizing the 'I'...eyyye! Now her new one is 'what'. We're trying to teach her to put 2 words together and with the way it's going I'm sure it won't be long before she's talking some sentences.
She's still not on schedule...this will take a while I'm sure. She still hates her crib and prefers to sleep with us, but we keep working on it.

We're having our security system installed next Tuesday which is a nice relief. Wayne goes back to work next week and he said he's going to Calgary in a couple of weeks. Things are getting back to normal. lol Now to head to a paint store and choose some colors!

1 comment:

Lala's world said...

good neighbors are priceless! so glad you are such a great place!