Sunday, February 25, 2007

Our Weekend

Yesterday was another day of unpacking some lingering boxes of odds and ends, when I got a call from my best friend from high school. We've been keeping in touch on and off throughout the years and a couple of months ago I called her to say I'm moving back to BC. So she called yesterday to say she was coming over to finally see me! She brought her 3 adorable kids, who had little housewarming gifts for us...thank you again guys! I gave her the tour of the house and she met Wayne, but Sam had already gone down for a nap (first time in ages, but bad timing). We had such a great visit - we laughed and talked about old times...it was like no time had passed since the last time we saw one another. It reminded me why we were so inseperable. Now I really feel at home again and not so isolated in a new town. I'm looking forward to getting out with her for dinner dates and girl times. She even had a recreation magazine for me so I could register Sam for upcoming programs. I cannot wait to get to a playgroup and swimming lessons again!


Sam still isn't on schedule, but that's our fault. Yah I'm being lazy. We planned on getting her back into her crib this weekend so I'll force myself to do that tomorrow! Plus we're going to start potty training her I think. She's got a bad habit of digging down into the back of her diaper and it drives me crazy. Not to mention that I'm absolutely horrified when it's been a poopy one! That's happened twice now and last night was one of them. I had to hang up the phone and run her up into the bath immediately. I will refrain from details but let's just say it took me an hour to clean up and I'm NOT doing it again. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a potty for her. UGH!! !!!!!!!

Now...
tonight....I'm going to plant my butt on the couch without interruption and watch the Oscars. I WILL NOT miss the red carpet as I did last year, so I've lined up Wayne to watch Sam. I will pop some popcorn and indulge myself in pure and utter glamour. Anyone to join me??

1 comment:

Lala's world said...

I was with you! I did miss most of the red carpet...something about having to feed hungry children or something!! but I didn't miss a minute of the actual Oscar's. I love them!