Happy birthday to me....and I'm officially on the downslide to 40. So I'm how old?? How the heck did I get to 36 this fast!?? And this is what my mom said to me last night. She said just wait 'til you hit 50 and then 60! I'm sorry but I do not want to think about it. This is already too harsh for me. I hear from people "ah, you're still young". I guess they're right in a way - I've always had a young mind set...and I don't feel almost 40 (whatever that's supposed to feel like), so if I think of it that way, age just turns out to be nothing but another number, not define how you feel or who you are.
Today mom took the day off and we're going to eat lunch at one of my fave restaurants - Earls. It was my first job here once upon a time and I absolutely love their food. They don't have any chains out East so I missed eating there for 9 years! Tonight we'll go out for a Greek dinner, I can't for all that garlic!
Sam woke up with a fever again this morning, so I'll wait it out today and take her to see a doctor tomorrow if her fever persists. Perhaps the antibiotics aren't working or her cold is causing the fever. We'll see how she does today. In the meantime, I'm getting my birthday started with a few cups of coffee and a nice long shower....and spend my birthday with my mom for the first time in 9 years!!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Remember age is just a number. It's how you feel inside that matters..... though most days I feel about 80.....
Dawn
Happy Birthday! well belated but happy birthday all the same!
I thought you were like just 30 so!! you are doing really well!! I had someone tell me the other day that she couldn't believe that I was alive in the 70's! LIKE WHAT?! that made me feel old!
Post a Comment