We're home! MR is a great little place - and the smell of cedar mills in the air is dreamy!! We arrived last Sunday and I just found my laptop a couple of days ago. I have to say that I'm absolutely over the MOOOOON about this house! Sometimes I'm waiting to wake up from a dream! When I walked in on Sunday night I could hardly believe my eyes - the pictures I saw did not do this place justice (as most pictures are that way). One of my favorite features is a huge ledge to lounge on in our bedroom window. The curtains pull all the way across the wall which reminds me so much of a hotel room. Our cat Max loves to sleep there in the day, basking in the sun. Not that we've had much sun these days, mind you. It's a typical rainy February, but the 13 degree temp is DREAMY, to the -25 degrees we're used to! sorry folks out east, had to rub it in..lol!
I've had the kitchen and family room completely unpacked since a couple of days ago - they were defintely priority. I'm now done 3 bathrooms but the 4th full bath in the basement is last on my list, as we don't really use it. We are definitely going to be painting this place and I cannot wait to get started. Wayne has the next couple of weeks off so we'll venture out to the paint stores and bring home some magazines to mull over. I've been hooked on home designing channels for ideas - this is so much fun!
Over the course of the week we've met up with a banker and set up some accounts, including an RESP for Sam and her own account besides. On Thursday we set ourselves up with a family doctor and arranged a meet-and-greet. We were really impressed with his careful and undivided attention he paid to us - it is so rare to find that in doctors these days. He was not in a hurry to leave the room for his next appointment and made sure all of our questions were answered. He kept stressing to us that if we ever need to see him to just give him a call. Man oh man that is so comforting to know!
We also got a call that day about a gift basket for us to be delivered today. I have no idea who it's from but I can't wait to find out!
It will be a while until I can get my computer set up to download some pictures. I took some of Sam eating our first meal at the dining room table. Wayne's in the picture too, with crazy hair since we don't have a hair stylist yet. He's definitely fitting into the mountain man category! LOL

2 comments:
oh I am so happy that you are so happy there! we looked in MR before deciding to head up North. It is a great mountanous place to raise a family! can't wait to see pics!
I'm so glad you're happy in your new home!
But we miss you out here.
Dawn
Post a Comment