Monday, January 22, 2007

Wish You Were Here

Ah, Kelowna is heaven! If you've never experienced what I call the California of Canada, you HAVE to take a trip to Kelowna to appreciate what I mean. Here I am in my mom and dad's house nestled into the mountainside that overlooks the clear glassy turquoise lake beneath it. The view from the living room is spectacular!

So the plane ride was a success for my cat Max. It didn't traumatize him as I thought it would. I think my mom and dad's house was more of an adjustment for him yesterday than anything. But you wouldn't know it today - he's really made himself at home and even playing with his mice and knows his way around as if he never left home. What a relief! Only thing I'm concerned about is the new furniture they just purchased. AND the plants around the living room Max isn't used to having around - a few may be toxic to him so I'm always on the lookout to see what he's up to.
Sam had a good flight too, she slept, colored, watched Treehouse on the TV and played peek-a-boo with people around us. Everyone commented on how much of a trooper she is. Mommie was very proud of her! We were fortunate enough to have our entire row free of passengers so we could stretch out and I even had my own TV to watch while Sam was busy. Great flight!
It's moving day for Wayne today, my poor hubby has quite a trip ahead of him tomorrow morning. I pray for a safe journey and expect to see him drop in to see us in 4 days or so. I still can't believe this is all happening! it might take a few weeks to let it all sink in - especially when I actually get to see our home in a couple of weeks.

That's all I have to update for now. I'll try and post some pics of our stay here in the Okanagan, now that my mom has a digital camera. Until then, to all my friends in Ottawa - I miss you so much already and I wish you were here!

2 comments:

Lala's world said...

oh I am so excited for you! glad your flight went good! with kids you never know!

Unknown said...

I love the Ok, it's a beautiful location.