Sunday, January 28, 2007

He Made It!

Wayne turned up last night at 6pm - he made it from Swift Current in almost 12 hours! Sam's 4 year old cousin Cole came over to stay the night and we all sat at the window waiting for Wayne to drive up. When I saw that big red truck pull into the driveway, I instantly choked up in joy and relief. With Sam in my arms and Cole at our side, my mom and I ran downstairs to meet my exhausted hubby at the door. Cole was the first one to greet him with a, "Hi Uncle Wayne!" We all attacked him with big hugs and kisses and Sam immediately reached out for him to take her. They must have hugged for a whole hour before she got down to play again. We fed him a big spaghetti dinner and then he reclined back in the leather chair to relax and gather his sanity. It wasn't long before he went to bed - I tucked him in for a change and said I'd guide him to the nearest Tim Horton's in the morning.
Wow. I cannot believe he's here - it seems like he left yesterday! It was so good to see his face. Now he'll leave sometime today for Vancouver. He needs to be there to sign the mortgage papers tomorrow morning. Our move in date is Wednesday, but the movers won't even be here until Friday. Until then he'll stay with his aunt and uncle in Ladner. Will be nice for him to relax until his first day at work on Monday the 5th!

1 comment:

Lala's world said...

wow I am sure this week is a crazy one for you! so glad he made it safely and you are on way to entering your new home!
God Bless you guys!