Monday, January 15, 2007

One Week and Counting

I cannot believe we are no longer going to be here in less than a week! Wayne is now in Montreal and I still have more packing to do than I thought. More like odds and ends but when I take a look around this mess it still leaves me with 'where do I start'? Then it's on to cleaning floors and the oven, bathrooms, etc.
I've already had my 'last supper' with each of my friends last week. The gang from work met up with me, Wayne and Sam at Mexi Cali Rosa's on Saturday. I had such a hard time keeping the tears back as I read a goodbye card with little notes written from everyone inside. My boss even gave me a cute little card from herself with a $20 bill inside saying "have dinner on me". AND and additional little spray can of water to mist onto my face for the airplane...too sweet. I had such a great meal that last night for my dinner with my best friend Tracy, I wanted to go back to Rosa's for more Mexican yums!! We toasted with a margarita and ended our delicious meal with deep fried ice cream and brownie delight!! Best dinner yet! Sam was really good through the whole thing, as she enjoyed coloring everything with crayons and sipped my water through a straw. Tracy and I had great conversation as always, looking back on the endless four years we've known each other. It's still a week until I leave so I promised her it's not the last time I'd see her yet. She is ALSO in the midst of moving, but just a few blocks down the street so I'm going to head over on Wednesday to view their new digs.
My mom and dad came back from a cruise over New Years just a few days ago and now are waiting for my arrival Sunday. I'm so excited and cannot believe I'm actually going to see my mommie in a week! And that I'm not flying back to Ottawa as usual - that BC is now going to be my home once again!
Must wake Sam up, she's really sleeping in this morning. Her schedule is really off these days as her environment changes. Poor thing, her toys are packed and she's getting bored fast....until the other day she whipped her socks off and discovered the joy of sock puppets. LOL!!

No comments: