Saturday, January 20, 2007

Not Goodbye, but See You Again!

Well it's time - we're moving in two days and I'm on a plane tomorrow early morning. Every amazing thing that's happened for me, happened here in Ottawa. Nine years ago I was pinballing around and partying in a small town as a waitress with dreams, but I felt a little trapped and sheltered. There was such a big world out there I had no idea what I was about to experience. A bad breakeup left me with nothing but the clothes on my back so I made a spontaneous move across the country where I had very little family I never met before. I took room and board in a house where I met Wayne who lived in the basement. He told me he's also from Vancouver - go figure - and we became best friends along with his group of friends. Three years later Wayne and I got married in Las Vegas. After that I made 2 totally different careers for myself; met an incredible group of women - my Oprah Kick Butt Sistas, and one ended up as one of my very best friends: Tracy; then I had a beautiful baby girl, and the list of even more events seem endless. These people and experiences have made me a stronger, wiser and better person - it's overhwhelming of the timeline that flashes before me. While moving here was the best thing that ever happened to me, I couldn't help feeling extremely homesick. I can't count how many times I cried, wishing to be back home with my family. I kept asking God to help me understand why He guided me out here - even though my answers were so obvious. I finally came to accept that this was possibly going to be my home forever, when suddenly Wayne gave me the news he took a job in Vancouver - my prayers were answered, just after I let it all go and quit trying to figure it all out! God sure had His plans for me. This reminded me to trust in Him more and let him take control. Trust in Him with all your heart people, I have my testimony, what's yours?

1 comment:

Lala's world said...

that is so awesome!! have a great trip and a safe move! can't wait to hear how it all goes