Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Damn Strait!

Last night's George Strait concert was by far my most favorite I've ever been to! Tracy and I sat just 17 rows back from the 'fan-friendly' square stage he stood and belted his amazing songs. We also were sitting right by the pathway he walked down through the crowd that lead to the stage! I was only 5 or 6 feet from him at one point! I didn't realize how short he is. I didn't have very much heel on my boots and I stood taller than his hat. His stats say he's 5'10 but I think not. Probably without his hat and my heels off he'd be my height 5'7 or so. Anyway, he's dreamy looking as ever! I've had a crush on him since forever. The second song he sang was one of my very favorites "Amarillo by Morning"...it brought tears to my eyes as it took me down memory lane to my days as a young prairie girl. He sang mostly new songs from his new album 'Somewhere Down in Texas'. I quite liked the rendition of Merle Haggard's 'Seashores of Old Mexico'. I was disappointed that he didn't sing many older songs, as you'd think he would for the older generation....such as myself..lol...no I mean OLDER. Still I was just so surprised he didn't at least sing out the song that he's best known for 'All My Exes Live in Texas', or others such as 'Marina Del Ray' or 'Living Well". Tracy and I were kind of disappointed. But all in all, I enjoyed every minute of that concert...from the time Miranda Lambert rocked the stage with her awesome hit 'Kerosene' - to a very impressive performance by Tracy Lawrence (whose few songs I was only a little familiar with... he was so enjoyable to watch), to George's encore when he paid a little tribute to Johnny Cash and sang Folsom Prison Blues. How awesome was that!!

What an amazing show- thanks for coming along with me Trace, we had a blast didn't we?? And Luke was kickin' up a stompin' time in that belly of yours too! Gotta introduce it all to him early ya know! LOL I cannot wait to see the million and one pics you took!

No comments: