Friday, April 28, 2006

First Boo Boo & Molars

Last night I was trimming Sam's nails when she pulled her thumb away and I accidently clipped a chunk of skin - it bled so much and I couldn't stop it! She wailed and wailed and I felt sooooo horrible!! It's now a skin flap hanging, so I covered her little thumb up with a pink Hello Kitty bandage until I think it's safe to leave off without getting infected. Poor Sammy!

On top of it all, her first molars on the top are giving her so much pain - she can't eat or sleep and needs to nurse constantly....even after I give her Motrin. She's very miserable this week. She looks like she's got a bit of a cold but I'm sure it's all because of her teeth. My poor little baby girl.

2 comments:

tara said...

hi heidi! don't feel bad... i did the same thing to jordyn (the little girl i'm a nanny for) when she was an infant. yeah- the only thing worst than doing that to your own baby is doing it to somebody else's and having to call them and TELL them!!! luckily her mommy was understanding and knew how upset i was. i still felt horrible too! sorry to hear about her sore gums! can you believe still no more for us? 15 months and two bottom teeth is all we have so far!! have you ever tried infant liquid advil? i hear it last a little longer, at night for the pain. she might also like to chew on a frozen bagel half, very numbing. thanks again for your post, i enjoy reading them! glad i found your blog, or wait did you find mine? ha! :)
-tara

Renee said...

We've had the same accident with all 3 of our kids! That nail trimming is tricky business.