I haven't had much to post, I just thought I'd log on to let you know I'm still alive.
We're expecting Wayne's mom to sail in and dock in Vancouver from her Austraila cruise in a couple of weeks. Wayne is making a murphy bed for the guest room but I'm positive it won't be finished. We'll buy the mattress for it and put a few pictures up to make it like home for her. He's almost finished my desk so I'll have my computer to set up along with my scrapbook supplies. All the furniture will be in a light wood to make the room brighter and I've planned to decorate in a West Coast feel. I'm looking for pictures with seashells, sand and ocean. I'd like to set up sail boat trinkets on shelves and buy a duvet cover in white and blue.We're really excited, although Wayne is away on business for most of her stay...back on weekends, we'll still have fun.
Sam's vocabulary has doubled since my last post. We give her a book and she points to everything and says the word, I didn't know she knew so much...she just never comes out and says it! Her newest thing she says is so funny - it comes from Dora's sneeky fox friend Swiper...."OOOHH MAAAAAAAAAAN!" At night she also gives us tons of kisses when we put her to bed (still our bed) and she gets so into it she pushes me and Wayne's heads together to kiss too...so the three of us are kissing all over...it's so cute and we all laugh our heads off! She's quite a character, Wayne's mom is really going to get a kick out of her!
Yesterday I raked up the back yard lawn after mowing it and then seeded the grass. It's all patchy because the last owners didn't take care of it properly. They put so much work into it - we always hear it from the neighbours - they carried bags and bags of potting soil to the back and after all that they seeded it all, but hardly watered or fertilized it. I don't know why they just didn't lay down sod. They didn't know much about gardening (and either do I) but from what we see they did with the front and back, they did a pretty great job overall. More than I'd be able to do that's for sure. AND with very little tools I hear! AND they were always out there in their best work clothes. We have nice cedar trees bordering our front and back yards and a few plants with lava rock on top. Looks good, but I had to make a few minor changes. From here I'll be able to do some great things. So here's hoping the lawn will look awesome by the time Mom Cassidy arrives.

No comments:
Post a Comment