Thursday, May 31, 2007

Warm Sunny Days

Since mom Cassidy left we've been keeping ourselves busy in the beautiful weather we've been having. I bought Sam a blow-up pool and a little sprinkler to play in (and to also water my grass with). The neighbourhood kids love to join in, testing the waters and they all have a blast together as usual. Imagine 5 or 6 kids taking turns jumping into a tiny toddler pool! Sure is nice when the weather's been 27 degrees all week and even supposed to be into the weekend! While all that is going on I've been really working hard on the yard, repairing the patchy spots with top soil, grass seed and fertilizer. I'm diligent in watering and wil be running the sprinkler today in various spots. Our next door neighbours Shana and Don (who's kids are Sam's favorites - Carly and Jamie) have been so generous in sharing tools and even helping supply the necessities for building a great looking lawn. I know I've said it many times but thank you guys! We've been so blessed to have moved into an amazingly tight-knit neighbourhood. Across the street are two more ladies I've gotten to know...one of them I go on walks with and the other is an interior designer who has helped me pick over paint colors (they invited us over for a BBQ a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned in a previous post). Then there are the older couple next door on the other side of us who are more kept to themselves but very friendly as well. Yesterday while I put some stones in the gate's entrance (I'll post pics of it soon), they peeked over their fence and asked me if I'd like to join them for tea out in their yard. I was so grateful but Sam still hadn't gone to bed so I took a raincheck. I'm so overjoyed by the friends we've made here and I'm even demonstrating makeup tips for the ladies who want to know. Yesterday I had Shana over to give her eyebrow tips and review some of her colors. I'm just having so much fun here and we're all enjoying our backyards, as everyone's landscaping and decorating...I think that's what's motivated me to do so, even though we're not going to really get it done until next year. Last week when mom was here Shana and Don gave us their patio table after they bought a new set. When we were shopping at Superstore we came across some MATCHING chairs at $20 each so we grabbed 4 and shoved them in my car. Thanks mom for buying them for us! Not to mention everything else you treated us to...you're such an awesome mom and I can't thank you enough for your kindness and generosity. You've really spoiled us. We miss you so much already. Even though you caught Wayne and Sam's cold we still managed to have as much fun as we could. I miss our happy hours, shopping, morning coffee and tea outside, visiting family and friends.... and Sammy still points to the teapot on the counter and says "Yia Yia, tea".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to send you the same email for 2 days. Not sure why it's bouncing back to me. Stupid yahoo!

dawn

Lala's world said...

how are you guys doing with the flood warnings?
how are you doing??? been too long! working sucks!!
btw my face is getting better...thanks for all the tips!