Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A New ME??

Today Sam's friends came over to play once school was out. She's having the time of her life these days with all these friends! She loves older kids anyhow and I think it's good for not only social skills but to help build her vocabulary. She's been picking up words here and there, like bear (she says it with a growl - BEAR!!!!), all done (when she puts her potty lid down), out (points when she wants to go outside), counts her toes beginning with one (pronouncing it 'nun': nun, nun, nun...), pee- s (please). That's pretty much it - not ALL the words she says but newer ones.
She still hasn't been sleeping in her bedroom. We wanted to deal with that after we got her back on her time schedule. Now with the time change she's really screwed up again. As I may have mentioned before, she's skipping her naps and fights to stay awake all day and unlike a couple of weeks ago, is now managing to last until bedtime. She's tired enough to settle in by then so I don't think it will take much longer to get her back on track. That's if she's done with naps for good. She's still napped about 2 times in the last couple of weeks.
So in my mommy rut, I've decided to lighten my hair with a great shampoo instead of succumbing to the salon foils. It's called John Frieda sheer blonde Luminous Color Glaze. I use the Sheer Blond products already and now I've added this one. My hair has been so dull and become darker since I had Sam - a lot of people were asking if I colored my hair ASH! I have virgin hair people - never needed to dye or foil, and the sun made my platinum hair even brighter. Now .... no such thing anymore. It's very sad. So this product has made me happy that I can (hopefully) get my baby blond color back, without the money and color damage at a salon. CHECK IT OUT if you've had the same issue.
On top of the new hair I'm starting a facial treatment I just bought. I've always used Neutrogena products and wanted to try this new product. I have some minor sun damage on my forehead and cheeks, plus have always had visible pores. So I've decided to blast it all with the Neutrogena At Home Microdermabrasion System. I saw the results on CTV when a group of volunteers decided to try a variety of kits to see which ones worked the best. By far Neutrogena worked way better than other brands and dermatologists were giving it the thumbs up. The kit is a bit pricey at $56 a box, but it's better than dropping your whole bank account into a series of sessions at a spa.
So I'll keep you posted on my mommy makeover. Maybe I'll add some sunless face lotion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You pamper yourself, girl! You need it sometimes. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Dawn