Wednesday, October 18, 2006

First Flu

Sam has a tummy bug - she's been throwing up since 5am on and off. We had a playdate today so I called the mother to say we weren't going to be making it. She has given me lots of great tips on how to take care of Sam, since this is the first time we've both been through this. What a life saver! She's been very helpful, I'm so thankful. Sam doesn't have a fever and seems pretty alert if she's not nauseous. She's just been in front of the tv all day which might be helpful. I even read her stories and give her leg massages...he LOVES that!
Gran stopped in to see how Sam was doing and she'll be in again tomorrow. I had to call into work to stay with Sam - I don't know how she'll do overnight. Hopefully she'll sleep all night without problems. Today I gave her a bit to eat and drink but it would all come up. So I keep gradually giving her water and will hold off on some foods until later on tomorrow.
I certainly hope I don't get it, maybe I'll be lucky. But I've shared some food with her yesterday so it might just be inevitable. Oh well - motherhood hey!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Poor thing...hope she is feeling better now!!!

Lala's world said...

ahhh so sorry to hear that she has been sick
when my kids had the flu my doc told me to feed them the BRAT diet
Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast
they are easily digested and it seemed to always work for my kids!