For a while now it's been hard to be at the computer for more than 5 minutes. Sam finds me sitting here and wants to climb up and plunk on the keyboard so I have to delay answering emails or blogging. I find myself gathering toys or anything to distract her and then sneak away to only be able to turn on the computer. Then I give in and surf all the kids sites and let her interact and dance to the music. After seeing that it's worth it. lol
Anyway so I thought I'd post something quickly as now she doesn't seem as eager (for a few moments). I'm all better from being sick this month, I just take it easy in the day. I did a bit too much yesterday (I can feel my chest tightening up and I get short of wind). It's raining here and cold so a good day to nestle inside and relax.
I'm focusing more on my career again these days. Now that Sam is older I can concentrate on getting back into my makeup biz. I'm already booked for 2 weddings which is really exciting. I feel like the old Heidi I used to know. I much prefer to work on set though and what I find really frustrating is I can't accept anymore gigs in film yet. That's until I can find someone to look after Sam for long periods of time. I work usually 3 - 6 weeks, come home on weekends (if out of town) and work 16 hour days. This just doesn't jive with our lifestyle yet and probably won't for a little while longer. This year I've already had to turn down 3 offers - that's a lot of cash. I hang up the phone as I bang my head against the wall.

3 comments:
you do makeup? I have always wanted to do this too! I used to do makeup for our church's little productions and I loved it!
I have had those moments when I think going back to work would be much more rewarding and you actually accomplish something!! but I know I am where I am supposed to be for now and when Faith is in school full time then I will start working again......I think!!!
Heidi, thank you so much for commenting on my blog and the current situation. I'm so sorry you had to experience that. It is scary - and especially these days you just can't take chances that these kids AREN'T serious about what they say.
You are beautiful and so is your precious baby. I'll be back soon.
hey I tagged you on my blog yesterday!
Post a Comment