Sunday, August 27, 2006

Recovering

Thank you guys for your well wishes. I am finally on the road to recovery after a very long and frustrating week, which seemed more like a month! My cough started out with a fever and body aches for three days. then when I thought I was getting better it all just went to my head for another 3 days and I don't know which felt worse. Anyhoo, today I feel much better and so does Sam (finally). She still has nasal congestion and runny nose but the doctor said it's from environmental allergies, as I'd posted recently. It's also still viral so by Wed. if she's not better she'll need a puffer to help the allergies so she can get rid of her cold. Wayne just left for Toronto today and he's only gone for 3 days - we were glad to have him back from Calgary a few days ago. I sure hope he doesn't catch it. We've all been careful with one another.
Sam's having her nap right now and I can finally have a little down time. I haven't had much rest, as all you mothers know we are not allowed to be sick when looking after our kids. I just go to bed at night when Sam does and hope for the best. It really sucks getting up at 6am when all you want to do is sleep and knowing you have to change diapers, make breakfast, run here, run there, etc... and your body is a dead weight and your head weighs a ton. You understand. Anyway, enough of that.....the
The Primetime Emmy Awards is on tonight!! Popcorn and jammy time for us! (hey wait a minute, I'm still in my jammies..) Although I'm not familiar with most of the primetime shows, I still like to watch who's coming down the red carpet, 'WHO' they're wearing, and watch who wins what, listen to speaches and gush over their perfect makeup. This is Sam's new intro to the awards and also preps her for the Oscars...lol She'll probably just play with her blocks but we must educate them early. And I also love Sundays. Especially when it's cool and rainy out and you can just bunker in and veg however you please. Hmmmm, maybe I'll make some hummus and pita too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle - Thank you! And that IS really weird about eating hummus too!! lol

Trace! Hi! I'm glad to be on the mend, but I'm definitely not out of the woods. I still have a ways to go yet. I'm still quite congested in my chest and head but at least I can sit at the computer now, whereas I wasn't able to sit up at all for days! And yes Sam's already been exposed to the awards but I feel this year she's a little older now to pay attention...lol (ya right). I cannot wait for the Oscars and hopefully we can get Luke in on the ballots too!!