Today was family skate day with the Girl Guides Sparks unit. It was Sam's first time on skates and mommy's first time on skates in 30 years! There were 'walkers' as I remember them as a kid, to help the little ones so I grabbed the last one available. Sam was pretty determined to get it right, through all the grunts and frustration and with a couple of breaks here and there. I took her back out without the walker and skated backwards with her for the most part. By the end we were skating side by side only holding hands and she eventually let go of me for a few seconds to shuffle her way to the side boards. I think we did a pretty good job of holding each other up; neither of us fell down once! I've gotta get her back out there again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment