
This summer has brought us very dry weather once again. For the month of July Vancouver and lower mainland had only 0.6 mm of precipitation. A couple of days ago we finally got a thunder storm with big rain for a couple of hours and we're expecting more into this weekend for a few days. It will bring much relief to not only my garden and dying lawn, but hopefully for the 400+ fires burning across the province.
I planted 2 more banana trees a month ago, plus 2 hardy Hibiscus, 'Blue Satin' and 'Helene' Rose of Sharon (Blue Satin is blooming as of this morning!), one Butterfly Bush 'Black Knight' (blooms dark purple), 3 yellow Canna Lilies in front of it and I switched around a few overgrown Black Eyed Susans, Phlox and Sweet William, planted now around the bananas and palms. I also transplanted my Rhododendron as it's already outgrowing it space. Not everything is blooming full force, but next year I'm hoping it will look spectacular.
I think I'm done now, as far as plants go. I just need decor and accessories to fill in and that will have to wait until next year. However, I did buy a new umbrella and side table for the patio.



No comments:
Post a Comment