Thursday, September 09, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Well the day has finally come and I took Sam to her first day of kindergarten. As a preschool mom friend of mine said, I don't think it's sunk in yet. It seems a bit surreal to me too. I was really nervous yesterday, but I wouldn't let Sam know it. She was pretty nervous too before we left, so I gave her a little pep talk. Our first day only was a half hour long, basically a meet and greet. Once she knew I wasn't going to leave she was fine. We're lucky to only be a block away and when we got there I started to choked up...I thought "Oh no don't start now!" lol Sam made friends right away while we waited to go in. She seemed to make herself right at home. Today we have off and she's back tomorrow with the rest of the half of the class. They're asking us to stay for the first 10 minutes for a couple more days. The real test is when I let her go on her own all day next week! Here are some crazy typical Sammy shots I took before we left.


No comments: