Be Careful What You Wish For!
We all wanted a white Christmas. Ok fine so in December when I posted about our snowfall being not that bad....I should have held off until all was REALLY said and done. Three weeks later our total snowfall to date is (was) 103cm !! It's been nothing but one snow storm alert after another, from Christmas Eve to a few days ago....a span of 2 1/2 weeks. Two days ago the snow immediately turned to rain and we've now been dealing even more. So far our area has 100mm of rain and Chilliwack even close to 200mm! With the temperatures rising it has been a disasterous scene out there! Serious avalanches in the mountains, roofs collapsing, streets and homes flooding and 800 city crew workers shovelling out catch basins 'round the clock and humugous pot holes appearing everywhere. It is something we soon won't be forgetting thats for sure. Luckily the main roads in our area are good, but it's still a challenge to get there when you don't have snowplows coming down residential streets. Now the rain is letting up a bit and we're looking forward to the typical Vancouver weather for January....rainy and balmy! (so far). I uncovered my palms for the first time, I think they're ok. I left house today for the first time since before Christmas, can you believe it! Yes I went stir crazy. Whenever I wanted to get out there was some warning to not go out if you didn't have to or I couldn't get out of the driveway. Wayne in his huge truck even got stuck.
Here's a pic of our patio table with 60cm on top. This was taken after Christmas and it just kept coming down.
Christmas was a very quiet one to say the least. Christmas Eve brought Wayne and terrible chest cold that left him couch bound for his 2 week holidays, poor guy.
Sammy was so ridiculously spoiled and loved it!! I am pretty sure she got everything on her list.

I just enjoyed being snowed in with them for the holidays, baking in the kitchen while Wayne on his laptop and Sam enjoying her new things.

SUCH a great year together. I'm so glad we didn't head through the mountains to mom's this year though, as the highways were just as bad as our storms here. Hopefully next year it will be good to drive. I dread that part of the trip. Although I really did miss spending it with my mom, I had no regrets hanging at home.
So happy new year to all from us - I wonder what this year will bring!! Hopefully not a Tsunami in the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment