Ever since her first visit I've psyched her up for the big photo shoot. She was SO excited and looking forward to it, except she only wanted to stand beside him not sit on his lap. This was a big step from last year when she didn't even say one word to him. She had her bath and I did her hair and we put on the brand new shoes and tights I bought yesterday to go with her black velvet dress.
Right before her turn the family before us had a screaming child who was clearly terrified of the big red suited man in the beard. Once they left Sam had obviously taken that as a warning to her to be careful of this guy and suddenly she had nothing to do with him. The moment she was fighting to get away and held onto daddy I was so ticked at the whole thing. Her reaction was so opposite from her visit last week and I hate to say some screaming kid ruined it for us... but...maybe it did. Maybe it didn't. .... maybe it was just coincidence and she decided for herself she didn't want to do this after all.
regardless...
We didn't anticipate joining in on the picture, but this was the end result. Not bad, but I was disappointed. There's always next year.

2 comments:
Awe - what an awesome pic Heidi!! Treasure the days that she still needs you and Daddy to be with her... soon she will much more independent and as mom's we'll be left feeling sad that our wee ones are growing up!! LOL!!
Wish we could have gotten a pic of Sam and Luke together on Santa's knee!
Hugs and blessings to you, sweet friend,
Trace
It was a great picture regardless! At least you were all dressed and looking nice.....2 years ago we had the same thing happen. A screaming, terrified child ahead of us and a mother who insisted the poor child sat on Santa......so of course Matthew refused to go near Santa without us.....and we looked horrible.....messy rained on hair, no makeup! lol
Post a Comment