Sunday, June 29, 2008

OPA!

Ok - before I start I have to tell you a little conversation with Sam just now. I'm sitting here starting my post and Sam is sitting on the floor next to me having a tea party.
Sam: "MAMA - I have to go potty!"
Me: "OK let's go!" as I grab her hand to the washroom.
Sam very seriously: "Hurry mama, I have tea party guests!"

HA HA ...was pretty cute.
Anyway, today I'm gearing up for the Greek dinner my neighbour Shana and I are preparing for our families. I used to work at a Greek restaurant many moons ago in Vernon, so I'm quite fastidious about my Greek food, whether I order in, dine out or make it at home. One thing that has bothered me to no end is when people make a Greek salad with lettuce! WHAT THE..??! An authentic Greek salad does not have lettuce! When I moved to Ottawa I could not find a single restaurant or anyone who did up a Greek salad without lettuce.... it just blew me away. There must be something about the East vs. West, as when I moved back to BC I was back to normal authentic Greek salad again. weird...but I'm sooo happy! SO....I'm looking for a greek salad on my favorite cooking site (http://www.recipezaar.com) for a dressing to make for tomorrow and found a Greek guys whose 2 grandmothers were in the restaurant and food service industry.
He had the same issue I did with the lettuce in Greek salad....finally someone who understands me.

Maybe I was Greek in my past life.

No comments: