Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Teething

Poor Sam. These past few days have been really hard on her especially yesterday and today. It's been a constant crank, fuss and cry all day long, which is way out of her character......and I'm not used to it either so it's driving me a bit insane. At least I know it's most likely her top teeth coming in....she's quite a drool machine. Last night I went to bed feeling under the weather and woke up with a really itchy chest, a slight cough and really tired. No matter what I do, she doesn't want to feed when I think she does, or nap when I think she's telling me so. and she won't sleep withought breast feeding so it's all a catch 22 and I've spent all morning trying to get her to nap and all I want to do is get out of my jammies and on with my day. She now has a really bad diaper rash and I've barely seen one since she was born. I just gave her Tylenol in hopes she'll settle down. She's now feeding and hopefully going to sleep.

Yesterday we bought a new car seat for her. I spent all last night reading the entire owners manual....Wayne is on a business trip in Winnipeg. Because my car is older, I have to go to the dealership to have a tether anchor installed. So I'll get that done and out of the way. The snow is going to fly soon and I have so much winterizing to do with her, the car and the house. I've been slowly buying warmer clothing for her. Hopefully we're prepared...it's hard with the fall - winter transition.
Anyway, here's a picture to smile about.....

1 comment:

Dan said...

I have a hard time going to sleep at night if I don't breastfeed too!

Just kidding.

I was going to email you as you haven't updated your blog in a while and I was getting concerned. That whole teething thing can be a real pain. I sure don't miss the crying and screaming..and that was mostly me.

You can never be too prepared for the cold weather with a baby. It's better to have a little too much and then take some off then it is to have too little. Of course I'm sure you know to keep her head and ears covered as much as possible.

Geez, I sound like a mother!

Take care and keep in touch.